CHIROPRACTIC FOR CHILDREN
Why would a child have a spine and nervous system problem? Traumatic births. Learning to walk. Slips. Falls. The list is endless. Yet, because children have such an adaptive capacity, these problems are often brushed off as “growing pains” or just a “phase they’re going through.”
“As the twig is bent, so grows the tree.”
The concern that many parents have is that chiropractic adjustments will be too forceful. They mistakenly think that their child will receive adjustments like ones they receive. Not only are adjusting techniques modified for each person’s size and unique spinal problem, an infant’s spine rarely has the long-standing muscle tightness seen in adults. This makes a child’s chiropractic adjustments gentle, with no more pressure than you’d use to test the ripeness of a tomato.
DR. ANDREA’S 10 CONCEPTS TO A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF CHIROPRACTIC
- Chiropractic deals with every level of human performance.
- Every level of human performance is regulated by body chemistry. Everything you do and everything you are is a result of your body producing chemicals.
- Your body chemistry is regulated by the countless numbers of chemical-producing organs and glands in your body.
- Your brain, through your nervous system, controls, coordinates, and regulates your organs and glands to produce your body chemistry at the right time and place, and in the right quantity and quality.
- The bones of the spine house and protect your very delicate life line: spinal cord and related nerve roots (extensions of your spinal cord that divide and re-divide to form your nerve network).
- When one or more bones of the spine (vertebrae) lose their proper relationship with the adjacent vertebrae, instead of protecting the nerve they now interfere with the communication between the brain and all your chemical producing organs and glands, this situation is called a vertebral subluxation.
- This results in less than optimal production of your body chemistry.
- This alteration in body chemistry results in a lessoning of performance of all your bodily functions: i.e. adapting to the toxins in the environment, physical coordination at work and for sports, digesting and converting food, resisting and recovering from disease, maintaining emotional balance, handling stress, creating: music, art, literature, poetry & dance; learning, thinking clearly, concentrating & remembering, laughing , crying, communicating, loving, sleeping, conceiving and bearing children, making decisions, forgetting unpleasantness, enjoying a happy life… everything you do and are. Your body MUST make chemicals in order for you to do all of these things.
- The only job of a chiropractor is to locate these vertebral subluxations and to introduce a very gentle force so our body may make the correction. This correction will allow your brain to properly communicate to, and control and regulate, your chemical producing organs and glands. When your body chemistry is in balance, and ONLY when your body chemistry is in balance, can your body function properly. And when your body functions properly it can perform the way it was designed to perform: at peak levels.
- Chiropractic helps you to get the most out of your life by removing a very negative factor that will, if left in place, rob you of the very talents, abilities, and potentials that you have been blessed with through your genetic heritage. I want to see you be the best you can be and get the most out of life.
Spinal problems rarely get better on their own. Contact us today to get started with chiropractic care!